Have you ever read a novel and known it was ideal material for a movie?

I read the novel "First Blood", by first time author David Morrell, shortly after it was published in 1972. I thoroughly enjoyed it and felt it could be made into a great movie.

Has this ever happened to you? Have you read a novel that you just knew would make a great movie?

Favorite Answer

Yes. I read a novel titled "The Chronothon" by Nathan van Coops. It's about a scavenger hunt/race by time travellers and I could totally see it making a rocking good movie.

It's actually the 2nd of 4 books in the series. The first book would also make a good movie. The last 2....not so much.

• Hammer4 months agoReport

Had a look at the reviews of "The Chronothon" on Goodreads website. Sounds like a very "goodread". I'll have to get along to my local library and see if they have it.

I think you may be right, it probably would be ideal for a fun and enjoyable movie.

Thanks.

• Ben

No, never. I read all the time, too.

• Ben

Actually Robinson Crusoe I thought that about.

Yes I'm reading one now. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. In comparison ''First Blood'' that was made into ''Rambo'' was very amateurish and shallow.

• Hammer4 months agoReport

A reviewer on Goodreads said, "...This is an epic film on paper, gloomy and engaging, smokey, noir with crumbling ruins, young love, disfigurment, lust, torture...the stuff of Dumas, DuMauier...".

Thanks.

I've read several books that I thought would make interesting movies. I wouldn't say that I knew they would.