Have you ever read a novel and known it was ideal material for a movie?

I read the novel "First Blood", by first time author David Morrell, shortly after it was published in 1972. I thoroughly enjoyed it and felt it could be made into a great movie.

Has this ever happened to you? Have you read a novel that you just knew would make a great movie?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. I read a novel titled "The Chronothon" by Nathan van Coops. It's about a scavenger hunt/race by time travellers and I could totally see it making a rocking good movie.

It's actually the 2nd of 4 books in the series. The first book would also make a good movie. The last 2....not so much.

• Hammer4 months agoReport

Had a look at the reviews of "The Chronothon" on Goodreads website. Sounds like a very "goodread". I'll have to get along to my local library and see if they have it.

I think you may be right, it probably would be ideal for a fun and enjoyable movie.

Thanks.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Ben
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

No, never. I read all the time, too.

• Ben
      Lv 5
      4 months agoReport

Actually Robinson Crusoe I thought that about.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Yes I'm reading one now. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. In comparison ''First Blood'' that was made into ''Rambo'' was very amateurish and shallow.

• Hammer4 months agoReport

A reviewer on Goodreads said, "...This is an epic film on paper, gloomy and engaging, smokey, noir with crumbling ruins, young love, disfigurment, lust, torture...the stuff of Dumas, DuMauier...".

Thanks.

• 4 months ago

I've read several books that I thought would make interesting movies. I wouldn't say that I knew they would.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.