Is there a California equivalent to the Oregon Health Plan?

I currently live in Oregon and have the Oregon Health Plan which is free as long as I'm working. Is there something like this in California?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

The Oregon Health Plan IS NOT FREE "as long as I'm working".

The Oregon Health Plan is Oregon's medicaid plan. EVERY STATE OFFERS MEDICAID.

Some states call it "medicaid" other states have fancy names for it like:

Oregon = Oregon Health Plan

Washington = Apple Care

California = Medi-Cal

In Oregon, you are eligible for the Oregon Health Plan if you disabled, low income, etc earning under $17,236 for a single person (not family/spouse).

California's Medi-Cal income eligibility limit is approx $16250 for a single person (not family/spouse).

Oregon's minimum wage is $11.25 per hour or $23400 annually

California's minimum wage is $12 per hour or $24960 annually

Thus, if you are working full time, you are not eligible for Oregon's Health Plan nor California's Medi-cal.

• 3 months ago

That is for low income families/people who qualify. In california their medicaid is called MediCal; you have to apply and qualify too. It isnt widely accepted in many places however. You might also look at the Covered CA web page, with a low income, it may be completely subsidized--you have to pick a plan offered.

• 3 months ago

Laurence, do you mean Medicaid?

• 3 months ago

Medical - never paid a bill in 20 years now. Doctor, psychiatrist, medications, glasses, operations, physical therapy etc. It's all free in CA.

• Eastside Guz
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

Laurence is correct. You did not say if you are working p/t, if f/t then good luck with that...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.