Weird pink and blue pixels growing on my screen?

They re like dead pixels growing vertically from the middle of my screen and its mostly light pink but some blue in the direct center. It started when I cracked my monitor, they get bigger a little everyday. Do you know what these are or how I can fix them?

5 Answers

  • 3 months ago

    The "screen is a panel of thin glass layers sandwiched to hold a liquid crystal in cells forming the colored dots or bars. If you fracture the panel, signal wires printed on the glass are broken or shorted. The liquid leaks. You will see backlight shining through the little colored filter chips. The problem expands.

    With not a clue what the "screen" is on (phone, tablet, laptop, monitor, TV?) that is all that can be guessed.

    Seek repair or replacement.

  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    i would take it to a computer store and ask them to fix it

  • 3 months ago

    It doesn't seem like they can be fixed. The only fix would be to replace the LCD or to buy a new monitor.

  • 3 months ago

    I do not think it can be fixed.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

    Sounds like you damaged some of the circuitry.

    • Jogger2425
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

      In the early days of flat screen monitors, it wasn't unusual to have a black vertical line on the screen. That was a result of the failure of a transistor used for that column.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.