Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutUnited StatesOther - US Dining Out · 4 months ago

What's the best gas station chain for quick, but comparatively fine dining on the go in the Southwestern US?

I'm taking a road trip that will take me across much of the American Southwest, and rather than packing road food like sandwiches, chips, etc. I'm going to be sampling the local gas station cuisine. Which gas stations, convenience stores, truckstops, etc. have the best food? If I can't find anything new or exciting, I can always fall back on my old favorites at 7-11.

Or better, is there a blog like gasstationgourmet.wordpress.com that still updates? I'd love to see that.

Favorite Answer

LOVE'S fuel stops are the best IMO. I travel a lot, and their restrooms are very large and very clean, gas prices are about average, and they have good coffee,and lots of snacks and decent hot food. Lots of truckers go there too.

There is no such thing. "Fine dining" and gas stations do not go together.

Buc-ee's

It's in Texas