If I m about to start learning piano, should I get one that has an lcd screen.. or a more realistic keyboard that doesn t have a screen?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best Answer

Get full size keys, minimum of 61 (76 is better, 88 is full keyboard.) Should have decent synth/sitting scrub. You will not get weighted keys units you spend $$$. Get happiness or an amp and speakers, unless it had an interior sort that is OK. Get a damper or sustain pedal, a decent music stand (like a Manhassett) and a decent bench. Make sure you have good lighting. Most important??? A really good QUALIFIED teacher. And patience. And diligence to practice every day. Good luck.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The LCD screen is how you interface with the keyboard to change the sound settings and what not, and are not essential to the operation of the instrument.

I think it's more important to focus on the feel of the instrument as these early stages are where you can set some good muscle memory that will help you later. If you choose a keyboard with weighted keys (and preferably 88 keys) you'll be able to easily move to an actual piano. If you buy a cheaper keyboard with unweighted keys, you'll essentially have to relearn a lot of the motions when you move to a real piano.

Depending on your price range, I'd recommend something along these lines: https://www.thomannmusic.com/thomann_sp_320.htm

• 2 months ago

i would get whichever one you think will help you learn it better

• 2 months ago

Unless you are relying on the LCD screen to teach you then I would focus on things that will be more important down the line. Like the overall quality. Also if you are wanting to not only play keyboard but also be a piano player you should look into a keyboard with weighted keys. It will feel more like a real piano.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.