My husband got health insurance through his work for us, I already have health insurance but did not cancel in the qualifying period. WDID?

I submitted to cancel our coverage on the 22nd of August, and he had started coverage on the 24th of July, but my work is not letting me cancel because he was elegible for insurance on the 6th of july and I needed to cancel within 30 days of that date. What can we do? Right now we are paying two mortgages because... show more I submitted to cancel our coverage on the 22nd of August, and he had started coverage on the 24th of July, but my work is not letting me cancel because he was elegible for insurance on the 6th of july and I needed to cancel within 30 days of that date. What can we do? Right now we are paying two mortgages because our house hasn t sold and the health insurance is equal to another mortgage at this point, we can not afford to keep paying it and I am about to break down. We have almost no health expenses as a health couple in their 20s without kids.
Update: We live in Massachusetts by the way