NP asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 months ago

Can you put caramel in batter?

I want to make caramel brownies, similar to how fudge brownies actually have fudge in the batter. All of the caramel brownie recipes I can find say you need to drizzle it on top or put it into the middle afterward.

Is it possible to bake caramel directly into dough? If no, then why not?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

If you gently swirl it in you will have streaks of caramel.

If you stir it well into the batter your caramel will blend with the batter and you will not gt the distinctive caramel flavor. You can do it if that is what you want.

You could do it much like a marble cake. Pour the batter into the pan then place spoonfuls of the caramel on top then use a knife and gently swirl it in.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 months ago

Yes you can........

• Lv 7
    4 months ago

i presume you mean pieces or chunks of caramel? this is ill-advised, as it will make chewing the brownies a less enjoyable experience. and by the next day, the caramel will be harder than the rest of the brownies.

you are also mistaken that fudge brownies contain fudge. the "fudge" is used as an adjective here, and refers to the "fudgy" texture, as opposed to cake brownies, which have a texture closer to cake.

for your case, i would buy some more syrupy caramel ice cream topping (not the thicker caramel, but the kind in a squeeze bottle), or a caramel flavoring. mix it in the batter, so it is like a swirl in it. not only will it look good, but the consistency will be better, and it should still cook close to as well. just don't use too much caramel, as the flavor should be meant as a complement to the cocoa, not on equal grounds.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

No, not as a sauce. It mixes into the rest of the batter and you can't taste it. I once made a hard caramel, cut and frozen it in thick chunks, folded that into the batter (frozen). Baked on 325 for ~25 minutes it stays separated. Though it flows out when you cut the brownies. It's much easier just to add caramel sauce on top when the brownies are cooked.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • rena
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

Because you don't want the entire caramel inside the cookie or else you will have pools of caramel all over your baking sheet. The entire caramel is too much for this cookie dough.

• 4 months ago

yes you can ive done it before

• 4 months ago

just do it...........................................

Attachment image
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Because caramel doesn't cook well. But I'm sure if such a thing is possible, it's in the THOUSANDS of recipes online, you know, where you are every time you sign on to Y!A.

• ...Show all comments
    • NP4 months agoReport

Just looked it up and blondies aren't even caramel brownies. What a weird response on your part

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.