question about quitting smoking?

ill be honest i am kind of proud of myself for quitting altough i wish i started in the first place... it all started about two months ago i had actually not decided to quit smoking but to eat less processed food it got to the point where i actually could no longer eat microwave food and i used to eat it soo much.. naturally i noticed i was smoking less too ... last week i noticed i was downt to 1-2 a day... the last 4 days ive had none at all but kept a pack in my purse just in case. however now that ive removed the pack i notice im wanting to smoke but i know if ill do ill feel kinda sick and have a bad taste in my month.. im starting to think my cravings may be intesifying because even tough i was having a one a day it was still mainiting some nictotine in my blood but now all the nictotine has been expelled.. also im hoping to have a child in the next few years and dont want to smoke around it please advise

Update:

should i just keep the pack in my purse because it helps control my cravings? i just want to be done with smoking for good so im not sure why removing the pack makes my cravings worse

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I don't know if you know it but smoking does suppress your urge to eat and food probably does taste better, I don't remember, I quit smoking 26 years ago. I was a big time smoker, 3+ packs a day.

• 2 months ago

I'm already a quitter for 6 years now and not bad for a 21-year smoker like me. And the only thing that removed my cravings was when I drank pure lime juice daily. Put a pinch of salt on it to lessen your fear of drinking it pure. Limes are alkaline and not acids. Aside from they are natural Vitamin C, they removes the nicotine in your taste buds. Keep the pack and drink pure lime juice everyday will keep the lung cancer away.

• In
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Although you do not have a physical addiction to cigarettes, you do have psychological addiction. Having them around gives you the comfort of knowing that you can indulge whenever you have an overwhelming desire. try gradually putting them farther and farther away from you until you no longer feel the need to have them around at all. I mean taking them out of your purse and putting them in another room, then out in your car, and then leave them at your place of work.

• 2 months ago

What’s the question? If it’s about being tempted, the urge will continue to wane over time, and ex smokers often find it helpful to take a few deep breaths. The physical urge stops after a week, not a month as was formerly the rule. The rest is psychological and will take about six weeks.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you've had no nicotine in the last 4 days that means there is no physical addiction anymore, it's all psychological - which is the hardest thing about quitting. You've done extremely well to get this far. It would be a real shame if it started up again. You need some kind of personal reward system. Short goals to keep you motivated with the long term goal of having kids. I used to say if I could quit for a week, use the money saved and treat myself. Where I'm from, it's a lot of money for a pack of cigarettes so it soon added up. Of course, you could just treat yourself anyway, it's a big achievement.

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If the pack is increasing your cravngs, get rid of it. You don't need the temptation to have 'just one.'

Nicotine is highly addictive, and getting past the cravings is going to take some time-- just as with any addictive drug.

• 2 months ago

Cigarettes contain a lot of toxins which partly stay in the body fat. You and your partner need to do a real good detox. For the cravings it is good to take vitamin B complex because the nicotine molecule looks similar to vitamin B6. If you do not do a detox, the toxins will go to the fetus.

• Ace Shorty
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

to have 629 different biological activities, I think marijuana was supposed to have 200-300. It does have some carcinogens in it but it also has some anticarcinogens in it.

• Ramona
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

I had a friend who said it helped to have a pack of cigarettes in the house. Just knowing the pack was there for an option was in a way less stressful as it's an option but she never smoked them. I think for some people when they tell themselves NO! it's like you want it more, so that's why she keeps a pack.

Meditation is good when you are going through withdrawals. Taking deep breaths and just noticing the cravings and let it pass until it's gone.

It helps to know that the cravings you feel are NOT YOU it is the chemicals reaching your mind telling you to please smoke as we need more. So those thoughts you are having are not you needing, instead, it actually is the chemicals talking to you and leaving your body. So don't get confused or upset with yourself because it's not you, its the chemicals wanting to be reinstalled in the body. If that makes sense. I think looking at it in this way, it helps.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

let me fart in your face so you can smoke my fart ok

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.