A Sotto asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 months ago

What do you think this dream is about/what is my brain trying to subconsciously tell me?

I used to be part of this youth group at church about 3-4 years ago but I left because of my social anxiety.

Because of it, I was shy and reserved when in other situations (maybe at school or when I’m with my friends) I’m really outgoing and friendly.

I had a dream last night where I came back to that same youth group after all these years where I’m a changed man, because I do feel like I’ve drastically gotten better at handling my social anxiety.

I can’t help but think how much of a missed opportunity it was when I left, I could’ve made so many friends and all that, but why did my brain suddenly want to remind me?

I know when we get random dreams that it might be because our brain is subconsciously trying to tell us something but I just can’t figure it out.

You’re absolutely right - dreams help release subconscious thoughts or wishes that are often repressed. Perhaps you should act on the positive message the dream conveyed. It worked for Dali: he’d kept an easel bedside to create art conveyed in a dream state to thrill the world.

how are you bud im ok

It seems pretty clear that your sub-conscience is telling you that you should consider returning to the youth group. Why you are not is probably due to fear. Fear is the antithesis of faith. So who do you think the fear is coming from?