Josh asked in HealthMental Health · 10 months ago

For people with ADHD and are medicated only...do you notice the difference after you take your medication?

I have adhd, and am on a relatively high dosage of vyvanse and ritalin but I don t really notice any change in concentration when I take my medication like my friends with ADHD seem to. Is it normal not to notice, or is it subconscious?

For example, after taking your meds, roughly an hour later do you feel more awake, alert, attentive, relaxed and focussed?

Favorite Answer

You may need your dosage adjusted, and it’s best to consult your physician to determine this.

If you do not notice a difference then there is a high probability that ADHD is not a correct diagnosis.

My daughter has been taking medication when she needs to control her ADHD for over 20 years.

The change when her meds kick in (about 15 mins after taking dose) is like someonr flicked a switch.