I have an ex friend who is harassing me.. what can I do?

I have an ex friend who won't leave me alone. This girl is not my friend now for a reason - she's been extremely aggressive to me over nothing and is doing everything she can now to make my life hell. She is also trying to involve her boyfriend and my boyfriend in this as they are best friends, as well as... show more I have an ex friend who won't leave me alone. This girl is not my friend now for a reason - she's been extremely aggressive to me over nothing and is doing everything she can now to make my life hell. She is also trying to involve her boyfriend and my boyfriend in this as they are best friends, as well as talking about me to our boyfriends' friendship group, trying to get people on side against me - I'm constantly hearing what she's been saying to people about me. I'm not confrontational or nasty by any stretch, and during the 6 month long period this has been going on, all I have done is apologised to her for nothing in the hope she may leave me alone. Her confrontational messages have caused me so much anxiety that I just want her out of my life. Today she has sent me 3 long messages on Instagram.. I don't want to hear from her again but it's difficult because our boyfriends are friends. Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this situation? There's so much more to this story but there isn't room for me to write it all.
7 answers 7