My brother is homeless on the streets of San Francisco. But why does he insist on staying here in the US if he has family in the UK?

My brother is a US Permanent Resident who is homeless on the streets of San Francisco. But he is a UK Citizen who still has family in the UK. Why does he insist on being homeless in the US if he has family in the UK who are able to support him? Is he reluctant to relinquish his status as a US Permanent Resident... show more My brother is a US Permanent Resident who is homeless on the streets of San Francisco.

But he is a UK Citizen who still has family in the UK.

Why does he insist on being homeless in the US if he has family in the UK who are able to support him?

Is he reluctant to relinquish his status as a US Permanent Resident by leaving the USA (Because US Immigration law says that a Permanent Resident will forfeit his Green Card if they have been out of the USA for a certain length of time)?