My teeth are damaged forever and I am crying like crazy. What should I do?

So around 3/4 weeks my dad overcooked something (as he likes things 'crispy') and immediately after taking a bite I knew something was terribly wrong. My front right tooth has felt hard.. it's hard to describe but I feel it most when active and particularly when I wake up. The pain has eased throughout... show more So around 3/4 weeks my dad overcooked something (as he likes things 'crispy') and immediately after taking a bite I knew something was terribly wrong. My front right tooth has felt hard.. it's hard to describe but I feel it most when active and particularly when I wake up.

The pain has eased throughout my teeth in time but the days after I was in severe pain. The worrying thing was seeing my front and bottom teeth translucent at the bottom. It could partly explain the pain. I've been reading about this and discovered the enamel can NEVER be repaired. I am crying so much.

I had seen my dentist who was of little help. He asked if I took fizzy drinks and such things and I said no. He told me my teeth appear strong.

What, if anything, can I do?