peter m asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 10 months ago

Should people be goaded into learning better philosophy ?

Update:

Embarrassed say by calling a "Philosophy Emergency" similar

to the Environment Emergency that undoubtedly exists.

Update 2:

Update 3:

How should known bad subjective philosophy commentators here be goaded into learning philosophy of

a better kind ?

Update 4:

Am extremely grateful for your answers, short or not so short.

jay's answer

Bubba Gubbins'answer

Sky Love's answer

Summertime's answer

runningman022003's answer

exactduke's answer

Campbell Hayden's answer

AlgerieMonBled's answer

alex's answer

& also Anon's answer.

Update 5:

plus,

Mr Interesting's answer

and also james' answer, where his

short one I cannot expect hardly

any sensible reader to agree, if only

because I have myself urged an urged

here another better philosophy method

that my teachers too taught (if sometimes

NOT directly ; see here my open User

past activity with All its mistakes as

well. An objective rational method as

better described And used by karl

Popper, Emeritus Philosopher &

better Historian of Ideas, if I didn't

know he would mind such..

Update 6:

… a short reference from a student of his.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No u cannot force it upon

• ...Show all comments
    • peter m
      Lv 6
      10 months agoReport

Not so much a "forceful void" but more an "easier Taught void", & one where the truth of some actuality can literally Fly-out-of-the-wind, with many a false, uncritical & unconvincing Conclusion following on.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

idk, is there better philosophy?

• james
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

You are. For as you pass threw life your philosophy will change many times. For only those who can adapt & change shall prosper in life. There philosophy will change as well for success will drive it to be. Or they will fail. So read your books & learn from them. But once on the street forget the words they used. & do what is deemed to succeed. Were often not a word is needed but only the end result is counted.

• ...Show all comments
    • peter m
      Lv 6
      10 months agoReport

You have been warned..and Take Care with that (look at their User Activity history if-in-doubt)

• 10 months ago

I think manipulating them into learning better philosophy would be ideally hitting 2 birds with the one stone.

People just need to understand that being the hope they wish to see in this world is if great great value

• peter m
      Lv 6
      10 months agoReport

(OBJECTIVE value, j )

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Yes .

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Wouldn't that be nice but Fat Chance. For a grown man you seem incredibly naive about human nature Peter M. People cannot be goaded into doing anything of the sort- particularly something they aren't emotionally or financially invested in. In the case of environmental philosophy the entire house of education probably has to fall down before your pet little corner of it can be rebuilt. I'M not trying to put you down but your bayings on a backwater 4th rate website that has become an industry joke aren't likely to change anyone's mindset. Pissing into the wind is the metaphor that comes to mind.

• ...Show all comments
    • peter m
      Lv 6
      10 months agoReport

(I recommend that we all try to ignore that last line, objectively or subjectively speaking A.)

• We do not need a new clergy. Nor another good book. Nor preachers. People are not sheep. People should be treated not as you think they are but how they should be in the ideal. Only then may they believe they can be more.

Please do not teach better philosophy like some doctrine to be imposed. I have this picture of you as some old grammar teacher bemoaning newfangled slang of the current generation.

All I see is a million different variables to even define better without coming from a place of dogma. It is the mind which selects those variables, not some external reference. People learn not better philosophy but better judgment. Philosophy is derivative of the mind which selects it. A mind must manage the information it receives and produce something.

• peter m
      Lv 6
      10 months agoReport

Quite.

• 10 months ago

No...especially philosophy as its taught in the US

• ...Show all comments
    • peter m
      Lv 6
      10 months agoReport

And what and how the philosophy that she is understanding right now can help her to grow just as we can so understand. Just as we can all critically rationally expand our knowledge.. especially-but-not exclusively in an expansively changing environment.

• 10 months ago

I don't know why?? Isn't philosophy more of an interest, as opposed to being necessary to live ones life??

• ...Show all comments
    • peter m
      Lv 6
      10 months agoReport

brains..as to how we can use such a new philosophy method together with its APPROPRIATE Aim or aims. Specifically environmental going-forward. .

• 10 months ago

People should be offered the opportunity to learn better philosophy.

Promote a few interesting facts about philosophy,

create a better way to indulge in philosophy ... and they will come.

• ...Show all comments
    • peter m
      Lv 6
      10 months agoReport

at least they may know by CALLING such an "emergency" above.. some of us tried (& failed too).

• 10 months ago

No , theye shouldnt do that stuff

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.