Newly-acquired dog (long story) doesn't like loud *boom* sounds -- thunder, gunshots, fireworks -- Any desensitization tips?

This dog, otherwise very calm and well-mannered, has reacted badly in the past to sudden loud noises. I already know not to give her extra attention when she shows anxiety or to reward reactive behavior. My question is, how to build her confidence, so she understands that loud noises are just loud noises, not... show more This dog, otherwise very calm and well-mannered, has reacted badly in the past to sudden loud noises.

I already know not to give her extra attention when she shows anxiety or to reward reactive behavior.

My question is, how to build her confidence, so she understands that loud noises are just loud noises, not something to fear?

Of COURSE I will research this, and the dog is under the care of a behaviorist. Again, long story. Just hoping that other owners might have and be willing to share insight on what they've tried, what worked or didn't, for a dog with a similar anxiety issue.

Appreciate any help, thank you!