Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Have you ever worked hard for no reason?

I spend too much time and effort working hard on stuff instead of just doing whats right and letting God take care of me and everything else. I AM WAY TOO DETAIL ORIENTED WHERE IT DOESNT MATTER.

If we work for the Lord rather than our earthly bosses then our effort is never wasted

Col 3:23 Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

Col 3:24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Col 3:25 But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

If you are working for a living. Do the job as if you are doing it for the Lord and not man. Do your best and do the job right. keep doing your work the best you can and if you are rewarded for doing a good job. or get a raise. give thanks to God and if you are promoted again be happy and thank the Lord. if we do our best God will reward us weather it is in this life or the one to come. Thanks for the question.

You said it yourself: '' I'm way too detail oriented ''... And gods have nothing to do with that. It's only you who needs to change, if it is a problem for you / ruin somewhat your personal life.

• Pyrus

All. The.Time. I'm not even rewarded for the things that I do. I get to see people happy for a moment, and then they treat me like I don't exist anymore. But when they need me again, suddenly I exist. This happened ever since I entered university. EVERYTHING I did, I never got paid nor rewarded for it. Things like doing their homework, helping them during exams (basically cheating), doing their projects for them, working alone when it's supposed to be a group work, finding that one book for them, LENDING that one book for them because they don't want to pay for it, and then return it to me (thankfully they did), helping them out with computer issues (both software and hardware), among other things. It reached a point where I got contacted by people I barely even met. But yea, I'm one of those people who focus on secondary tasks far more than on the primary ones.