Anonymous

What do i do?

I took a job that is remote (online reporting to a manager) and i feel jipped because they didny specify certain things would be entailed in the job and after i got hired was when i was made aware of scertain aspects of the job. If i wanted to quit, how could i? And should i? I didnt even technically do an assignment yet. Thanks.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Expecting that they can tell you everything beforehand is ridiculous. They can't possibly do that. Many things, you learn after being hired, more on your first day and more as you go along. Sure, if you want to quit, do it but expect a similar thing to happen at the next job. Your expectations are not very realistic.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
  • 11 months ago

It would be highly unlikely that when you are in an interview cycle that you are going to find out everything there is to know about a company.

Interviewing is supposed to be a two way process. You interview the company as much they interview you. If there were things that you were not interested in doing, you should have discussed it during the interview process (not in a way that makes the company aware that you don't want to do it but in a fact gathering mannter).

There isn't slave labor in first world countries. if you don't want to work there, tell them that the situation has changed and you are no longer able to take the position.

Should you quit? How the h3ll would we know. We don't know what they want you to do that you don't want to and we don't know why you don't want it. If it is a low level task that you think is below you, a team player never has that mentality.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Just go dark. Ghost them. They will get it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.