How do I make the bottom of my pizza crust crispy?

Use crisco grease or vegetable shortening on the pan. Also you can coat the bottom of the crust with corn meal for a crispier crust.

I used ordinary bricks from the home improvement store (the long ones with the holes in them, and like six or seven holes not just two or three) I removed the floor out of the oven (it should just lift up if it is a gas oven, which is the only way to go for pizza) so that the hot air could circulate better around the bricks. Preheat until you see the oven cycle on and off a couple of times, butter up the crust with a mixture of butter and olive oil and bake that crust right on the bricks! The holes and the gaps between the bricks fight the soggies the bricks pack their own heat, and when the top is bubbly and browning, take it out and let it rest on a wire rack until the cheese is no longer runny, but cut it up on a wooden cutting board while the cheese is still stretchy serve everybody, and put the remainder of the pizza (if any) back on the wire rack so the fog it gives off won't make the crust tough and leathery.

The pizza doesn't just steam in the oven while the skillet is still heating up and it will also get the bottom of your crust crispy.

Coat it with lard, of course.

• SW-6

I do this to reheat pizza ordered the day before and it crisps the crust very much! MAybe if you cook the pizza in the oven as usual, then take it out and put it on a griddle or frying pan on low heat for a few minutes to get the bottom good and crispy? Good luck! :)

• ?4 weeks agoReport

I don't think she said it was leftover pizza. She wants to make pizza and get the bottom crusty.

cook it daaaaaaaaaaah

• denise

Use a pizza stone or slide it onto a pre-heated tray.

Best answer, bake it on a preheated pizza stone (or large ceramic tile). Second best, put it on the rack in your really hot oven with no pan. Worst choice, expect a magic pizza box to crisp the crust in your microwave.

• Steven S
      3 weeks agoReport

Best answer? That’s for the asker to decide.

• Clive

Bake it on a preheated stone. Italian pizza is always done this way, except when it's fried.

I used to have this problem when making frozen pizzas (Totinos or Aldi brand). I've found that placing it directly on the rack makes a crispier crust than using tinfoil. I've heard some people say that a pizza stone would also help, but I don't have any experience with that.

• ?4 weeks agoReport

Good answer for frozen. However, I don't think 'frozen' is what she is talking about.