Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 11 months ago

I weigh 270lbs, how much could I lose within 9 months?

Ima 20yr old woman and my height is 5'6", could I lose weight fast if I follow a diet and workout a lot?

You can probably lose about 15lbs a month, if you are very strict with your diet and workout. 10 lbs a month might be a bit more realistic, as life tends to get in the way

• CB

It is very unhealthy to lose more than 2 lbs per week, you can create problems for your pancreas. 72-80 lbs would be doable but I would consult a physician and nutritionist. You can eat an assload of the correct foods and still lose weight easily and learn how to eat properly or you can starve yourself and eat fad diet foods and gain it all back when you have hit your goal.

Rather than following a diet, I would encourage you to spend your time adapting your lifestyle for long term changes. Learn to meal plan. Learn to enjoy 'bad' foods in moderation. Learn to drink water or unsweetened teas, and avoid soda, sports drinks, and juice. Find physical activities that you enjoy, and try to incorporate an extra flight of stairs or a bit of walking into your every day.

Also, don't focus on weight loss so much as an overall feeling of (for lack of a better word) healthiness. If you are eating better and living better, then you will feel more positive than someone who's just trying to gun off pounds.