Relevance
  • 10 months ago

Go to a vet.....

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

vet treatment of course

• 10 months ago

It is not unheard of, to the WITHHOLD all food (aside from water) for 12 to 24 hours, to give the stomach a chance to "calm down". Since YOU do not KNOW the root cause of the illness that caused the dog to begin to vomit, I cannot recommend ANY medications. You vet is the best person to ask.

• 10 months ago

Treat your dog similar to a sick child. If they will eat, cook them up some chicken and rice. Shredded chicken, off the bone, plain. No oil, no skin. Or, use ground chicken/turkey. See if they can keep that down. If they won't eat, at least keep them hydrated. Get some clear, unflavored Pedialyte (generic brand works just as well). Mix it half with water. If they will drink, good. If not, get an oral syringe (they are NOT pointy/don't have a needle) and gently squeeze it into their mouth. Watch them and see if their symptoms improve. Even when they get back to eating, feed them smaller amounts than normal---of the chicken and rice, for a few days. If they don't start improving or get worse, it's time to see a vet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

There are a few human medicines that pets can take, but it's not that simple. While some human drugs can be given to pets on a regular basis, others can be very toxic. Always get specific pet medicine instructions from your veterinarian.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.