When does the "new day" start with regards to calories and weight loss?

I know that you need to burn off more calories than you take in each day to lose weight. My question, though, is this: Let's say one day I stay up past midnight and then have something to drink or as a snack. Do those calories count for the previous day and therefore count against any calories I burned or do... show more I know that you need to burn off more calories than you take in each day to lose weight. My question, though, is this: Let's say one day I stay up past midnight and then have something to drink or as a snack. Do those calories count for the previous day and therefore count against any calories I burned or do they count for the new day?
Update: What I mean is, do I need to burn more calories the night I stay up or during the day (after I get up in the morning) of that snack or drink to account for those calories?