Anonymous

What does it mean when a recruiter contacts me after I’ve interviewed?

I applied for two jobs at this company back in July, and I got a email for a one of the jobs the next day for an interview. I got through the phone screen, got through the face to face interview and at the end did not get the job. So now a month and a half later I got an email from a talent acquisition manager within the company and they asked me to come in to interview for the other job that I applied for back in July and didn’t hear anything back from. So I told someone in my family about that and they seem to think that they’re giving me this interview for the other job to “cover their a**” so that it doesn’t seem like I was discriminated against for some reason and so that they have more than 1 manager saying I wasn’t a good candidate. What do you think?

With your suspicions and paranoia, you'll never get a job.

• B

I think it is possible that they are covering their a***, you could spend some of your valuable time and go in for the interview, but do not be surprised if it is a no go, and your family is right.

• Bort

I think the family people saying about discrimination is a bunch of BS. I also think the job it self is an even bigger pile of BS because if they have doosh bagg positions like "talent acquisition" manhood strokers - I mean "managers". That only proves that that company is top heavey with managers over managers over managers who have managers that manage them according to what their managers tell them to do.

And those company's manage to fail.

Because all of them manage to do a schitt ton of nothing but all day. They manage holding a chair to the floor with their butt all day and that's about all they do.

Go through their game of BS if you want, that is what it ends up being 10 times out of 10.

BS...waste of your time.

I would just ignore them and their emails they manage to type, if they even type them they might be emails managed by an automated, computerized, system manager program that all a person actually did was left-click a button on their screen and it randomly sent that same email to a bunch of random emails.

So respond to it, and see if you get a personalized response, or something that looks like it was managed by some manager that didn't even have a human behind sending it.

• Big Mouth

Been there, done that. From an employee perspective it is a complete failure compared to those companies that aren't laden with excessive layers of management. I call that the 'everybody wants a job title that makes them feel important' mentality. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

I think the first one liked you almost as much as who they hired and suggested you to the next manager. I applied for a job once internally and heard nothing for weeks, then that manager told me she gave my resume to another manager and he wanted to interview me. You may be a better fit for the second job.

Jesus, do you want the job or not? it's not a tough decision, stop overthinking it.

He misses you ;-)

• Damien

this discrimination excuse is nonsense, u werent the best candidate for the 1st job but u might be for the 2nd job hence they wan a interview. whoever came up with the "discrimination" excuse isnt too bright. its like saying every black person can claim discrimination cause they werent hired after an interview.

Are you high?????

If you want the job, give it a shot. Your relative could well be right, but who knows you might get it. If you don't want the job, you can just ignore it.