What does it mean when a recruiter contacts me after I’ve interviewed?

I applied for two jobs at this company back in July, and I got a email for a one of the jobs the next day for an interview. I got through the phone screen, got through the face to face interview and at the end did not get the job. So now a month and a half later I got an email from a talent acquisition manager... show more I applied for two jobs at this company back in July, and I got a email for a one of the jobs the next day for an interview. I got through the phone screen, got through the face to face interview and at the end did not get the job. So now a month and a half later I got an email from a talent acquisition manager within the company and they asked me to come in to interview for the other job that I applied for back in July and didn’t hear anything back from. So I told someone in my family about that and they seem to think that they’re giving me this interview for the other job to “cover their a**” so that it doesn’t seem like I was discriminated against for some reason and so that they have more than 1 manager saying I wasn’t a good candidate. What do you think?