promotion image of download ymail app

I want to be an architect who designs for people with disabilities?

I'm currently doing my A levels, and before I was going to do dentistry but then I got a band 4 for UCAT and since I know that most uni's don't take that, I decided to think of something else.

As the question title shows, i've been considering architecture, I like drawing, but I also like to help others.

SO, is there a specific name for architects who mainly, like, interior design for the disabled, im thinking like for people in wheelchairs and like elderlies. And also, does that mean I study architecture (and maybe study interior design) as normal or am I supposed to go to interior designs straight away?

And if you have any tips about getting into architecture or for the course in general, please tell me :)

Thank youuu


And just in case, I mean like building things inside houses to make the house more accessible to the people with disabilities, and like maybe hospitals and care homes? Something like that

3 Answers

  • John
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    Here in California all buildings - new ones are built that way, MANY old ones are retrofitted - must be ADA compliant. Which is to say accessible by persons with disabilities. This isn't a specialty,it's part of the job. Designing stuff for different abilities isn't usually architecture at all, it is industrial design. Such as:

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

    I really appreciate your thinking... You should go to an institute of Engineering to gain an architect degree. Best of luck

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

    Yeah, you do a degree in architecture. That's generally how you get into architecture.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.