Gerry asked in PetsCats · 9 months ago

can anyone help me wire up a 220 motor to a size 0 cat.no.609 starter switch?

HI Gerry,

it's really very easy to do - but because you don't seem to have any idea of where to start it's probably better you find someone to help you with it in person.

I googled that switch and it seems to have three connectors on the top and three on the bottom. These will be marked as live (L), neutral (N) and earth (E). One row will be for the input (either hard-wired to an electrical supply, or connected to a three core electrical flex with a standard 3-pin plug on the end). The other row will be outputs to the motor.

Colour coding is usually brown (live), blue (neutral) and yellow/green (earth). Or you may have red (live), black (neutral) and earth as an uninsulated copper wire.

Aside from the electrical safety, do please keep in mind that a 220v motor will produce a big kick when it is powered up - so make sure it's bolted to something before you flick the switch.

• Gerry9 months agoReport

I did already and got it thanks. but thanks for the info. I`m trying to run a school and help people get jobs. I need all the help I can get so thanks! IMF GERRY

No.

Hire an electrician.