promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 months ago

Why did Mick Jagger, who says our healthcare should be more like Europe, come to the U.S. to get heart valve surgery in New York?

Why didn't he use the "wonderful" healthcare in his own country?

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

I've worked with many people from countries where health care is the responsibility of the government. What you don't hear about these wonderful healthcare systems is the waiting list and the caliber of qualified doctors and surgeons to treat you. There is no question that the U.S. has the best, with the state-of-the-art medical facilities ready to accommodate the patient.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

He has enough money to afford the best surgeon. How is that so hard for you to understand?

• John
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

The surgeon was there probably. If the surgeon was elsewhere he'd have gone there.

Mick Jagger is a singer correct? just a rich boy from another part of the world that doesn't know much beyond whatever walls he lives behind.

He's typical of wealth. Stick their face out and as long as daddy pays your way swooners greedy for dollars listen to their yap.

Kinda like trump he keeps yapping but if nobody complained ...swoosh right over the head.

Kinda like Jaggers comment. It had gone swoosh right over my head now some moron had to bring it to my attention.

Kinds blows the mind how quiet things have gotten now. Nice and peaceful nothing noteable to break into thoughts

Has anyone realised there used to be horses around here?.

• 9 months ago

I have a Scottish friend that's been waiting to have back surgery for 6 months. He's on heavy meds for pain. Still waiting.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • P
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Because he wants to live

• 9 months ago

maybe he had family here to take care of him

• 9 months ago

I'm guessing, like many who come from UHC nations, he'd give the same answer to a question no one seems to have the courage to ask...

I have friends from Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.... every single one of them who is critical of our healthcare system also says our open immigration and birthright citizenship policies are "insane" and need to be reformed....

you see... a lot of whiners here love to demand "social democracy"....but they remain blissfully ignorant of the decidedly "un-liberal" policies other nations impose in order to limit who gets all those "lovely benefits" in order to keep them (barely) sustainable....

• ...Show all comments
    • skeptik
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Also, he would say something like "my doctor told me not to travel, and to postpone my tour until I got it done."

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

American hospitals are very good at protecting celebrities in hospital.

• Lolly
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

The one does not preclude the other, no matter how many times you pose the question. He lives here, too.

• Strega
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Llewen asked this question. Don't be fooled

• 9 months ago

Why do Europeans live 2 years longer than Americans?

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Kaleyk “Because of diet not healthcare” what a total crock!!! You have never been to Europe have you???
      And perhaps you can tell me why infant mortality in the US is the worst in the developed world? Is that because of diet too? Blithering idiot!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.