Raych asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 months ago

Smoking vs fasting to lose weight?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No. Not a good idea. Weight loss isn't achieved via gimmicks. If you are overweight it is because you've become accustomed to overeating. Change your diet, track your calories, and improve the nutritional quality of the foods you eat.

Intermittent fasting (not eating for a full 16 hours and eating during a 8-hour window) has be shown to provide a variety of health benefits including helping with weight loss for people on Ketogenic diets. If you aren't on a Keto Diet, fasting may be much more difficult and yield fewer results.

Smoking simply isn't a healthy choice. Furthermore, there are millions of obese people who smoke, so smoking alone clearly doesn't provide a weight loss solution.

• Fireplace
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

I am not on a ketogenic diet and I have had great success with fasting and it is very easy.

• Jahal
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Meth vs. Cocaine to lose weight?

Neither option is sustainable.

Better to eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly.

• olivia
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Smoking is not good for health, it is better then you keep it fast.

• 3 months ago

Smoking is not good for your health

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Neither just eat healthier with junk food here and there sometimes and exercise for thirty minutes four to five days a week. You can even download apps loseit is the best app ever even if i end up having a cheat meal and i go over my calories i know how much i need to burn off so when i go to log my exercise for the day if i didn't burn off as much as i wanted i can go back and workout again to burn off as much as i want to. Apps like that are very helpful and the premium level of it is really good i currently don't have it but i've heard good things about it. They have meal plans, different workouts you can do, you can set goals to drink more water etc. but yeah it will help a lot.

• 3 months ago

Neither both are bad just eat right and exercise.

• 3 months ago

eat healthy , lift heavy , eat in deficit

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

Smoking is extremely dangerous and doesn't work well with weight loss because it can onlt do so much. You will most likely end up in the hosital, reguardless of the time frame. Fasting is a much more efficient option as your body starts to burn fat for fuel as there is no other option. It may be difficult at first so I recommend easing yourself into it but once you get used to fasting it is very helpful.

• 3 months ago

i think theyre both bad ideas

• 3 months ago

Fasting smoking is worst

• 3 months ago

Smoking will KILL you. Maybe very quickly, maybe not for a few decades.

Starting to smoke just to lose weight is an absolutely stupid and horrible idea. Nicotine is an extremely addictive substance.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.