Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

How to properly do the keto diet?

I want to start a keto diet to better myself, however I'm so confused with this entire process. What do you eat? Stuff I think would be good for me isn't good, but diary food is fantastic for the keto. How much protein am I supposed to eat? Is there a calorie intake I'm supposed to stop at? I'm just so confused..

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best Answer

You go to the library and get some books on the Keto Diet like The Keto Reset Diet by Mark Sisson or The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners by Amy Ramos. Then you read them. OR, you can hop on YouTube and watch a couple of hours of videos from guys like Thomas DeLauer. Here's a like to one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z15Z1-Og_pg

Youtube thumbnail

You eat LOTS of fresh veggies like asparagus, avocado, bitter greens, bok choy, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, celery, chard, collards, cucumbers, endive, kale, kohlrabi, lettuce, nori, olives, radish, spinach, summer squash, zucchini. Small amounts (6-10 ounces per day) of grass-feed beef, pastured pork, lamb, or chicken, pastured eggs, and wild-caught fish.

You get most of your calories (because your veggies are so low in calories) from good fats. These include avocado, raw nuts (not peanuts) like walnuts, extra-virgin olive oil, MCT/cocunt oil, and butter from grass-fed cows or ghee. You can have small amounts of cheese. In reality it isn't much dairy because all dairy products have carbs in the form of the sugar lactose -- so you can't eat that much and stay within your net carb limits.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

"What do you eat?"

Lots of low carb vegetables, meats, eggs, cheese, nuts, seeds and healthy fats.

"How much protein am I supposed to eat?"

A moderate amount. Too high and it will kick you out of ketosis. I cant give you a specific amount because it varies from person to person.

"Is there a calorie intake I'm supposed to stop at?"

Yes. Whether or not you need to count calories depends. Some people stay full on keto and naturally eat less without counting. Other people still eat too much and need to count.

• olivia
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Limit protein intake. A keto diet or low carb diet is not a high protein diet! ...

Use fat as a lever. ...

Drink lots of water. ...

Keep up electrolytes. ...

Eat only when you are hungry. ...

Focus on whole foods. ...

Exercise.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.