I live in Los Angeles and some days I get called Miss all day and other days I get called "ma'am all day?

I don't understand just because some days I might look cuter or younger than other days I'm a Miss than when I look older (make up, hair , less sleep, eye swell) I am a ma'am? and so many people will say it has nothing to do with age or marital statues. But I am not the only female to cringe by the... show more I don't understand just because some days I might look cuter or younger than other days I'm a Miss than when I look older (make up, hair , less sleep, eye swell) I am a ma'am? and so many people will say it has nothing to do with age or marital statues. But I am not the only female to cringe by the word ma'am. Many feel you are saying "old hag" in a nicer way. I never look like a old lady but you get my point. And I put it to the test, if I start calling them ma'am or sir back multiple times and their face falls or they look mad, than I know they are being insulting or assuming I am older or married but if they don't show that they are bothered by being called ma'am or sir than I let it go. But also what is strange they will use the word after every other word like "I'm sorry Ma'am" , what did you want on your sandwhich "ma'am, " was that to eat in or go "ma'am. "maiam" is there anything else for you "maiam" come on I feel like belting their face. and then some times with the Miss they may say it multiple times but for some odd reason does not seem like a intentional thing like with the ma'am. Why do they continue to use it when they know unless they live under a rock most females don't like it. I don't look matronly or like a grand ma or like a mature sophisticated old woman.
Update: or if you have a couple small lines on your forehead you have to now run to the botox doctor not to be ma'amed to death
Update 2: or you like the light blonde look but the illusion makes it look close to white or grey when it's light blonde so you go back to the warmer blondes not to be ma'amed so much
Update 3: I know some people call everyone ma'am but I am talking about those who think they can play god and decide who is ma'am and who is Miss when you're not elderly.