Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 months ago

Are conservatives against reparations for African Americans because they're afraid to admit that what they did was wrong?

• wowser
    Favorite Answer

No they actually think that what they did was the right thing to do and was kind of them

• ?

Read this very carefully, no living American has ever owned a slave. No living American has ever been a slave.

You are a racist

Ever heard of Affirmative Action and Welfare? We've been paying billions in soave reparation's for years now. Just never called it like it is

• ?

I wasn't alive in the 19th century nor was I alive in the 1960's.

I have also never done anything to an African American that would considered a wrong by any sane person.

Regardless, it's illegal to punish people for behavior they never committed and also illegal to punish people for behavior that was legal at the time it was committed.

What conservative are you talking about.. ARE YOU TALKING ABO)UT THE ONES LIVING IN AFRICA or where.. YOU NEED TO EXPLAIN THE BASIS FOR YOUR QUESTION.. IF your in the USA your a complete moron and the BLACKS should give reparations to ALL THE AMERICAN NATIVES THEY KILLED and APOLOGISE for what the BUFFALO SOLDIERS DID TO THEM.

• Hockey

*you're 

Let us not forget that we did not go bush-hunting for slaves. Other Africans sold them to us already enslaved. Blame them. All races have been enslaved over the years, but no one took to it like the blacks. Almost like they were bred for it.

• Ann

I did nothing wrong! I haven't owned slaves! My father's side came to the States in 1920, so they didn't own slaves. Both sides couldn't have afford slaves if they wanted to own them. No one alive today has suffered from Black slavery. Why should I pay them for something their great great great great grandparents suffered? And it was Democrats who owned them!

• mj919 months agoReport

Because people like yourself are still benefiting from slave labor, and generational wealth.

I’m not paying a cent for something I had no part in. I nor anyone in my family ever owned a slave, ever.

I have never owned a slave even once in my lifetime. In addition, none of my ancestors have ever owned a slave. In addition, my ancestors died in the Civil War to end the practice of slavery practiced by the Southern Democrat plantation owners. In addition, the mechanics of reparations are impossible. Barack Obama is half Black, so should one half of him pay the other half? Should illegal aliens pay for something that happened 155 years ago? Should we pay 1/8th to a person who is 1/8th Black? Should an African Doctor who emigrated get reparations from a East European auto mechanic?

• Patrick

Northern democrats supported and financed slavery, too. Slavery was supported by all democrats. They declared their support for it at the DNC. 

• helene

No, I'm against reparations because I realized years ago that nothing we do will ever be enough, so WHY BOTHER.

This is a leftwing political grievance game. You think they're going to give up the game after money is paid? Don't make me laugh.

• Ann

You are sooooo right.