I need a new washer and dryer..Any suggestions what kind?

What about the ones with steam? The all in ones? I don't know what extras are worth the extra price? Front or top? Some don't use much water and dont get as clean I heard..

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I had the front loader bullshit and NEVER AGAIN.

I just bought a nice set 18 months ago at Best Buy. Whirlpool, front load dryer and top load washer, roughly $400 a piece. No fancy settings, just wash, delicate wash and water temp settings. It does have a setting that allows the washer to select how much water it needs and I like that.

the dryer is pretty basic too. Dry, timed dry, permanent press, delicate and air fluff. Those all usually come standard.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 months ago

Top loader, top of the line matching washer and dryer, Tide pods and the water reservoir for static control. Will out perform any previous washer by any measure. The clothes come out of the dryer close to wrinkle free. A few years back when we replaced several appliances, we decided to go with Samsung. We are now at the stage that the appliances have some unnecessary rust areas which is part of their "planned obsolescence". So, we think Samsung short-changed us, and LG is probably a better choice. Also look at Whirlpool.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I had a washer dryer and it conked out. They have the worst reliability of domestic white goods. I got a simple automatic (Indesit) front loader which has worked well. Clothes come out dampish and only need to be hung up to air so I don't waste money on running a dryer or ironing out the creases.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

All-in-ones don't work as well, and if you have the space for a washer AND a dryer, that is the way to go. Check out LG, Samsung, and GE. All three brands have models that heat the water internally and aren't terribly expensive. Frigidaire is also a good brand and much cheaper than those three, but they don't heat their own water.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Top. Go to Lowes and get the best price ones you can afford. They don't need fancy stuff to get your clothes clean. I bought a set there for $800 last year. I love it.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I have had good luck with whirlpool. A top loader HE is better than a front loader, because all the water doesn't spin out of a front loader, so you get some bad odors later on. A dryer with manual controls is better than the computer type. If placed in a hot, wet basement, the computer type refuses to function, at all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.