promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 months ago

What specific single food do you enjoy preparing the most? Such as: Getting corn off the cob, Dicing Onions without getting tears, peeling?

bananas, peeling hard boiled eggs, Removing Artichoke leaves, or WHAT?? Please describe

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Barbecue Ribs. Lighting the grill, rub the ribs with homemade rub, smoking for 4 hours, resting for 1. Carving and slathering with sauce. I think I better stop now.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

Seasoning meats feels like painting. Chopping potatoes is like a dance in 4/4 time with dynamics; slow in to be sure where your blade is going, down and pull, reposition, repeat. Mincing is always fun and a cool parlor trick to those who can't do it. You find the fulcrum of your rocking edge by pinching the scruff and the nose of the blade and freak out at 300bpm, mincing a half onion in 29 seconds.

One of the most satisfying is de-topping fennel. Grab the bulb and karate chop at the fuzzy tops. It's the closest to playing sword baseball while (hopefully) keeping your fingers.

• 9 months ago

I’d say I enjoy braising the most.

Browning whatever meat I am using, considering and choosing the herbs/spices and cooking fluid, then letting the magic take place with a long, slow cooking.

But that answer is probably only good for today or this week as we’re moving into fall and I braise a lot in the fall. In the springtime my favorite is probably composing a salad with whatever is going on in my garden at the time.

• 9 months ago

Dicing green onions is a delight; they cut easily and have a nice crunch, it's almost therapeutic

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

A pizza dripping with cheese. Pepperoni, mushrooms, sausage.

• 9 months ago

Butchering a hog and smoking the hams and bacon.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Browning meet in a pot is my fave activity.

Remove artichoke leaves and get the pineapple are two of my least favourite jobs.

• patty
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

I like making me porridge and I put pomegranites banana and raisens plus milk in it. the pomegranites are so yummy

• 9 months ago

Well, its more of a meal. I like to do chinese hot pot which involves preparing a lot of stuff. The broth, cutting up the veggies, slicing the ribeye steak paper thin and then you dip the veggies and meat into the boiling broth and eat. It's almost playing with your food so it's a fun meal

• 9 months ago

Melting chocolate for cake, mousse, brownies or dipping.

So much more enjoyable than the onions, potatoes, meat...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.