Worried about my cat, I know why he meows at night but nothing we do seems to stop him. What to do?

My cat as of late has been seriously annoying my mother in the middle of the night, so much so that she is really starting to lose her temper since nothing e do seems to keep him quiet when she is trying to sleep. My mother was so mad not more than an hour ago that it appears to have scared my cat into silence... show more My cat as of late has been seriously annoying my mother in the middle of the night, so much so that she is really starting to lose her temper since nothing e do seems to keep him quiet when she is trying to sleep. My mother was so mad not more than an hour ago that it appears to have scared my cat into silence which has me afraid my mom may either put him up for adoption or even worse harm the cat out of sheer desperation. Someone please tell me what I can do, I am out of options and I dont want to lose him.