Do you have fond memories of growing up fishing? If so, who did you fish with and what did they teach you?

• 6 days ago

My Dad took me up North and rented  cabin on a lake when I was 6 years old to take me out fishing. He baited the hook showing me how it was done and when he cast his line he caught my thumb with the hook. Then he had to yank my thumb nail off so he could push the hook all the way through my thumb and cut the hook off. I went crying to my Mom and after that ordeal I'm sure my Dad didn't get laid for some time so he went duck hunting with his buddy's from then on and I never went fishing since then. Still like eating Perch though!

• k w
    1 week ago

not really, I barely remember fishing as a boy......never really desired it growing up either, did have a cpl co-workers who were fish-heads, I was happy for them, but never really desired to join.

Yes. With my Dad in a seaside village outside Athens. Almost every Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning - during Summer-. It was very exciting!

Yes. I have a lot of fond memories fishing w/ my Dad..We didn't always catch fish but we went to a lot of amazing places..I learned high lake fishing from Dad & enjoyed it a lot w/ my brother & our kids & their friends. Also enjoyed fishing w/ my step-father who really knew how to catch fish from a boat in a lake.. Best lessons learned were patience, knowledge & persistence has rewards.

No. The few times I went fishing with my dad, he got fed up that a 6-7 year old boy got bored if he didn't get a strike right after putting the line in the water so we left after about half an hour. And that was from a man who as I understand it, didn't exactly have the longest attention span when he was that age either.

yes and it taught me how to catch fish dah

Nope. I wasn't taught cruelty to animals.

• Sky

Not really. I never liked fishing, and while I do have fond memories of being out in a boat with my dad (despite not wanting to fish), sometimes he got me up to go fishing before the sun was even up and I hated that. I far more enjoyed time spent with Dad on the golf course.

• Shona

I have never been fishing, ever. Sorry.

I can not believe that she has to be