Volleyball player at school, cute scenario question?

I attended my university's women's volleyball match the other night. This is my first match of the year. During prematch player introductions, one of the players threw me a mini volleyball with her signature and a message on it. I was intrigued that she picked to throw the ball to me.

I want to get to know her and ask her out. My plan is to buy a mini volleyball, write a cute message on it to her, and after the next home match, get her attention afterwards and toss it to her. I want to use some volleyball terminology on the message to make it relevant and creative.

Any thoughts or suggestions here? Does this sound creative?

For females, if this was done to you, how would you react? Would you feel flattered?

Any feedback and suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

Favorite Answer

i dont see anything wrong with doing that

• `

The mini-volleyball idea is juvenile. You're there to play volleyball. Concentrate on that.

• sluggermatt15

I think you misunderstood me. I was at the match watching the team play. I was not playing.

• Petter

How do you know she specifically threw the ball to you? Is it possible she just threw it out there and it happened to end up in your hands? Did she hand it to you, were you the only one sitting there? Was the message specifically and personally written to you, or could it have been ment to anyone in the audience?

If not, I'm afraid you might read into things that aren't there.

• sluggermatt15

Yes it's a possibility of that. Thank you. I still want to ask her out. What do you think of the idea? I will not mention the ball she threw to me.

Edit - I did some research and there is a probable chance she is single and does not have a boyfriend.