Volleyball player at school, cute scenario question?

I attended my university's women's volleyball match the other night. This is my first match of the year. During prematch player introductions, one of the players threw me a mini volleyball with her signature and a message on it. I was intrigued that she picked to throw the ball to me. I want to get to... show more I attended my university's women's volleyball match the other night. This is my first match of the year. During prematch player introductions, one of the players threw me a mini volleyball with her signature and a message on it. I was intrigued that she picked to throw the ball to me.

I want to get to know her and ask her out. My plan is to buy a mini volleyball, write a cute message on it to her, and after the next home match, get her attention afterwards and toss it to her. I want to use some volleyball terminology on the message to make it relevant and creative.

Any thoughts or suggestions here? Does this sound creative?

For females, if this was done to you, how would you react? Would you feel flattered?

Any feedback and suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!