How can I get rid of mice in my home and keep them out?

• SW-6

I have used really strong peppermint oil in the areas where I've seen "droppings" it worked very well.  The mice cant take the smell of peppermint and go away.  Leaves house smelling good too :)

• Martin

You need to get an extermination spray and start spraying everywhere. 

Mice smell food and they follow the strong odor. After you've finished cooking wash the pots, pans and the dishes immediately. Put away any and all foods left out. Take all the garbage out of your house and if possible put it into a public garbage container. Spray the entire house with disinfectant to eliminate all the food odor.

• Don`t leave waste of food remained. Let ultrasonic generator be in your home.

• Cayenne pepper. Not only will it keep the mice away, but also ants and other vermin.

Guess they can't handle spicy SHlT.

• Kira

I got rid of mice by buying one of those plug in repellents. The sound mice hate goes through the electrical system  but we can't hear it.  

Buying a Lead Shotgun

Borrow a cat.

...

Best is to contact an exterminator, bc they’ll find the source of entry, and their work is guaranteed, as they’ll not charge additionally if there’s evidence they’ve returned. Mice and other similar pests are frequent in homes near a water source and need entry. You’d be astonished at how a tiny crack someplace allows them in, as they can contort themselves to enter.

• audrey

Lots of poison. Safely away from kids and pets of course. I t would be nice if you didn't have to kill them, but if you could trap them somehow, when you put them outside, they'd just come back in.