Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 year ago

Watching pornography is a sin? Lusting while masterbating to porn. Is it ok as a Christian?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Is masturbating and /or looking at pornography bad or a sin? No... assuming that you're not addicted to it, you can live a productive life, and you can share romance with a real lover.

An addiction means that it consumes your life and wrecks it because you don't, won't, or can't do anything else.

I love masturbating and I love looking at tasteful images of soft-core porn. I don't want to stop doing either activity. If you want to stop, then go ahead... but God has better things to do than look down upon us and frown about masturbation or porn.

Moderation is basically the key to living. Too much of anything is bad (food, booze, driving too fast, sugar, whatever).

I'm a Christian, and I love to look at porn... especially images with no guys involved... which includes soft-core lesbian porn. Do I feel guilty or embarrassed? No.

Masturbation and / or looking at porn is your own private business.

Imagine if you had a friendly & cute little pet hamster that enjoyed masturbating sometimes (in the privacy of a little box house) and watching a little screen. If you happened to peek in and see him / her playing with himself / herself and finally have a little orgasm, would you be angry... or would you think it was adorable and would you feel happy that the little animal could have some innocent pleasure??!?!??!

So I don't believe that you have ANYTHING to feel ashamed about for playing with yourself or for looking at porn. Who do you think installed the desire for sex, love, and romance in you? It was God.

Fighting against a natural desire won't make it go away. Nope. It'll just make the urge even stronger. That's the truth.

Imagine someone ordering you "Do NOT think ever about a pink elephant! Never think of that!!!"

What's the first thing that you're gonna think of? Of course, it's gonna be a pink elephant.

Besides, most "sins" that harm no one are invented by people who want to control others... because those people who want to control others are arrogant, self-righteous, hypocritical jerks.

Many people use the Bible as the ultimate authority on "sin" (i.e., bad things).

OK, then what about this stuff???

"... a woman who isn't a virgin on her wedding day shall be stoned to death..." Deuteronomy 22:20-21

"... whomever blasphemes the name of the LORD shall be put to death; the whole congregation shall stone the blasphemer... " Leviticus 24:16

"... if a man commits adultery with another man's wife; with the wife of his neighbor, then both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death... " Leviticus 20:10

"... you shall not allow a woman to live who practices sorcery... " Exodus 22:18

"... anyone who dishonors father or mother must be put to death for they are guilty of a capital offense... " Leviticus 20:9

"... you have six days each week for your ordinary work, but the seventh day must be a Sabbath day of complete rest; anyone who works on the Sabbath day must be put to death... " Exodus 35:2

"... your male and female slaves shall come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves... " Leviticus 25:44

"... a woman should learn in quietness and full submission; do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent... " 1 Timothy 2:11-12

"... if a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death... " Leviticus 20:13

"... if a priest's daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she also defiles her father's holiness, then she must be burned to death... " Leviticus 21:9

"... do not trim off the hair on your temples or trim your beards.... " Leviticus 19:27

"... if you hear that in one of your cities... that certain worthless fellows are saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods’... then you shall surely put the inhabitants of that city to death, devoting it to destruction, all who are in it and all of their animals, with the edge of the sword.... " Deuteronomy 13:12-15

So... do I enjoy looking at wonderful pictures of beautiful females in various stages of undress? Yes.

Do I enjoy fapping to those images? Yes.

Do I feel even the slightest bit guilty? No.

Personally, even though I'm happily married... if my wife isn't "in the mood" then I enjoy slowly scrolling through still images of soft-core romantic stripteases and imagining that she's my red-hot virgin girlfriend who is finally taking off all of her clothes for me for the very first time (if any adults are curious, then they can take a look at the links in my comment below). And I love feet, too.

The images in the links contain no guys; just girls. Why no guys?  Because to me, most guys in porn just look like selfish horny creeps who don't care about the girl.  I prefer sexual fantasies when positive traits are included (i.e., such as romance, love, affection, and commitment).

BTW, my personal fetish is siblings-as-lovers.  That forbidden taboo is strangely compelling to me.  Always has been; always will be.  I don't fight the attraction; I enjoy reading about others doing it and I love recalling all of the fun times that my sister and I shared together when we were teenagers.

Definitely, man. Sounds like you may need more than help from just an internet forum. Also I would recommend a penis health creme to you, just because I recommend it to everyone, even my worst enemies lolol we all deserve to have amazing penises.

• Sky
    1 year ago

No, that's perfectly fine. There's absolutely nothing wrong with watching porn and/or masturbating. Stop living your life based on the dictates of ancient mythology or in servitude to an imaginary invisible man in the sky.

• 1 year ago

Yes, looking at pornography is a sin. It objectifies people and makes you dismiss people who seem less attractive.

No masturbation is not all right, but it hardly registers in the balances when compared to fornication, adultery, or gay sex.

1 year ago

Doug is correct. Masturbation is not a sin. Never in the Bible does the word even come up.

.

Porn is a sin. Believing in Jesus means being forgiven all sins past and future, so believe in Jesus, and you're forgiven and going to heaven.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

• 1 year ago

Humans have a biological need for sex.

• Gourry
    1 year ago

it's a sin, and that's why it's totally ok for Christians.

1 year ago

Despite the fact that it is none of their business what you do with your body, most Christians will naturally tell you that it’s a sin as they feel compelled to judge you and tell you what to do based on a book of ancient superstition and mythology.

Remember however, most Christians don’t actually believe in the Bible or their god. They just pretend to so that they can continue to be self righteous and judgmental.

• A.J.
    1 year ago

There are a lot of sins.

https://www.wogim.org/sinlist.htm

Most Christians just pick out what they consider the bad ones.

Maturbation is not directly discussed in any Bible.

If married, lusting another woman is a sin.

Lust is discussed in Jn 8:44; 2 Tim 4:3; Col 3:5,6 NIV; Mt 5:28

Masturbate with your eyes closed.

Per comment, imagination does not stop, but not lusting a woman technically, because it isn't even a printed image.

• Sex is to make children. Anything else is sin.