My cat has been sleeping/relaxing outside in the same spot for months?

I have an older cat, pretty old, but still doing great health wise as I know of and for a while now (1-2 months) he has been sleeping and relaxing in front of our house in the grass but kinda close to the road, about 30ft away from the house and he’s an outside cat it’s just he has a spot and he’s always there. My... show more I have an older cat, pretty old, but still doing great health wise as I know of and for a while now (1-2 months) he has been sleeping and relaxing in front of our house in the grass but kinda close to the road, about 30ft away from the house and he’s an outside cat it’s just he has a spot and he’s always there. My theory is either protecting us or that he just likes the attention from the neighborhood since it’s next to the sidewalk or what but I’m just curious if other cats have weird ‘spots’