If a pedestrian is hot on a crosswalk is it the drivers fault or the pedestrians fault for not looking?

There was an accident in town where the car closest to the right side was stopped at the crosswalk for a pedestrian to pass, but the car closest to the centre line ended up hitting the pedestrian. The driver was going the speed limit and couldn’t have seen the pedestrian from where they were coming from, there is... show more There was an accident in town where the car closest to the right side was stopped at the crosswalk for a pedestrian to pass, but the car closest to the centre line ended up hitting the pedestrian. The driver was going the speed limit and couldn’t have seen the pedestrian from where they were coming from, there is no law stating to stop at the crosswalk if there is no pedestrians crossing, only to stop if they’re there. From my own opinion I don’t believe the driver is at fault or the pedestrian, but from a legal standpoint what would happen?