Was this kid looking for a ride or planning something else?

My husband walked out our front door to check the mail today and was confronted by a disheveled young man in his early 20s with a duffel bag, looking like he might be homeless or down on his luck. He told my husband his bicycle had been stolen and was headed to his sister s house on XYZ street. He said he had... show more My husband walked out our front door to check the mail today and was confronted by a disheveled young man in his early 20s with a duffel bag, looking like he might be homeless or down on his luck. He told my husband his bicycle had been stolen and was headed to his sister s house on XYZ street. He said he had called her at the convenience store. The clerk let him use their phone. His sister said she would pick him up on our street, according to him. Problem is we live a good mile from the nearest convenience store. We re in Florida and it s in the mid 90s. No sister who loves her brother is going to suggest he walk a mile and she ll pick him up there. Why wouldn t she have picked him up at the convenience store?

He didn t ask for anything. Said his sister was a Christian and he didn t usually walk in people s yards. My husband, trying to find out what he wanted or was up to, just kept asking him questions. After a few minutes, the kid got frustrated and quickly took off.

We have had break in attempts in the past. Should we be worried?
1 answer 1