What do you think about “No alcohol before 4:30pm” Rule?

I say if you’re a guest at my house, no alcohol or booze before 4:30pm. If you drink before that you are an alcoholic. If you can hold in and wait til after 4:30pm—Then you’re just a normal drinker like everyone else.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

I like alcohol with my lunch some days.

• 3 months ago

Just seems a bit pretentious to make a rule like that unless they are sloppy

• 3 months ago

Time of day for drinking is not a hard and fast rule to determine alcoholism.

You can have any rules you want at your house, but a “rule” does not define an alcoholic.

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Not indicative of anything other than your silly opinion. A glass of wine with lunch at 2 is perfectly acceptable.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Alcoholics love rules this, bc they’re in the clear after a specific time requirement, and can justify their abuse of it bc they’d “abided”. True, severe alcoholics need it when they wake to avoid the shakes, (or a seizure), but an alcoholic will do anything it takes to manipulate those around them to accept their behavior (working hard all day, doing chores, etc.) and make it seem acceptable.

• 3 months ago

It's your house, make any silly rules you want.

• 3 months ago

You do know that on Sunday, it is proper to offer mimosas at brunch, any time after 11:00 am?

• 3 months ago

Your house, your rules, but anyone who thinks enjoying a cold beer on a hot day when you're thirsty, and it happens to be before 4:30 and that makes you an alcoholic, is ignorant, and I would probably not be a guest at your house.

• 3 months ago

Screw that. Not everybody works 9-5 in an office. The guy who packed and shipped your booze to you probably got home at 4:30 in the morning. The bar you go to, at 3 in the morning someone was prep chopping your coleslaw and had a drink after work at 7am. Even if you do work 9-5, why are you waiting till dark to drink if that's what you want to do? call some friends over for a bbq and crack some beers at noon on your day off.

That rule is just silly and to be modern with the times, racist against all the black and brown people who don't live in your aristocratic society but rather, serve it. Including your sever who got off at 2am, waking up at 6pm.

• 3 months ago

It's always 5:00 somewhere.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.