Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 10 months ago

Would I be a bad person if I told my 7 year old cousin Santa Claus doesn't exist?

I am 20 and want to tell her the truth, most parents lie to their children getting them excited for Christmas I want my cousin to believe the truth and not be disappointed on Christmas 25.

49 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

leave it to the other kids they go to school with.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

hahaha a 7 year old who has seen any tv shows about christmas already knows it a made up character to SALE SALE SALE...

• 10 months ago

Although I believe in Christ, I do not agree with Christmas. It is a man-made holiday based on pagan traditions. Nowhere in the Bible is Jesus’ exact day of birth mentioned and never does God or Jesus say to celebrate it. Additionally Santa Claus, Christmas trees and elves all have no Bible origin. Anyone can simply Google it to see it for themselves.

However it is not your position to get involved in telling your little seven year old cousin the truth. For me it can be annoying to see how parents perpetuate this lie to their children. But it is the responsibility of the parent to teach their child/children the truth.

• 10 months ago

One of the joys of parenthood is bringing happiness into the lives of their children.

Christmas is one of those times that children anticipate for many reasons- not just for the presents. Why ruin it ?

You would definitely accomplish 2 things by telling her : make her parents mad at you and make her sad.

Stay out of this and let your cousin enjoy this special part of her childhood.

Take care,

SM, Counselor

Boys Town National Hotline

1-800-448-3000

What s your source?

Www.parenting.org

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Destroy his hopes and dreams my man

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Not unless he is real...he is real, right?

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Get a life and butt out of others peoples business, you idiot. Not your child so #### off.

• 10 months ago

Yes yes you would

Lv 7
    10 months ago

It is not your business at all to interfere. Leave it to the parents.

• 10 months ago

You would be a horrible bad person. Fantasy for kids is a good thing; don't screw it up. And why would you? What are you trying to accomplish with what you propose? Certainly you won't make people happy with it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.