Will animal control do something if someone hurts wildlife? (Squirrels)?

I live in an apartment on the 3rd floor that shares a balcony with my neighbor (there’s a fence separating each side). There’s about 4 squirrels I feed peanuts to daily. Each time my neighbor’s home and sees the squirrels, he’ll come outside with his broom and scare them off while smacking the ground and banging... show more I live in an apartment on the 3rd floor that shares a balcony with my neighbor (there’s a fence separating each side). There’s about 4 squirrels I feed peanuts to daily. Each time my neighbor’s home and sees the squirrels, he’ll come outside with his broom and scare them off while smacking the ground and banging the wall/fence. I’m afraid that he’s gonna hurt one of them or hit them with His broom (he’s killed babies before). If that happens can animal control do something? Like give him a warning of some sort?