Light bulb socked exploded when inserting a bulb?

Ok so basically I put a new bulb in my main light bulb thing and massive sparks came flying down with a massive pop. I’m not sure about down stairs but every light upstairs no longer works. My parents are going to kill me😂

• Vaman

You should enjoy it. Go and check he switch board. May the fuse has blown out. Never change the bulb when the switch is on. Put off that and change bulb or when you connect any instruments.

Something shorted. Could be a faulty socket. The short caused a fuse to blow or circuit breaker to switch and cut electricity to the sector including the location of the short-circuit (the entire purpose of fuses and circuit breakers).

When I was very young, I shorted a plug using a belt buckle just to see what would happen. What happened was a massive spark and the loss of electricity to several rooms. I had to own up to it and deal with the "don't do that", because of course my dad wanted to know what the source of the short was before he put the power back on. Yeah, well, I learned not to do that already.

Unplug the light with the bad socket if there is one and you can, before you go and replace the fuse or reset the breaker.

every child has gone through this at one time or the other.

grin and bear and bare.

chin up.

• oubaas

" My parents are going to kill me" ...and the sooner, the better ^_-....call for an electrician

We know a fuse blew. But the more important thing is WHY.

If the wires behind the light socket were incorrectly tightened or stripped then the wires might be touching right now.

They might be close to touching.

You didn't cause it. Even if you were ham fisted this should not happen when the wires are done to specification.

I would advise getting an electrician or a competent person to lower the light fitting and CHECK THE WIRES AND FITTING. If either are faulty then immediate replacement should be done BEFORE FIXING THE FUSE.

The problem is that if you replace the fuse and you haven't addressed the problem it could happen at any time, potentially starting a fire that destroys your house.

So PLEASE take this seriously. FIX the problem not the symptom.

• D g

yes you just shorted something mybe the bulb was defective and you just need to reset the breaker.. there are more than one light on the fuse so you should be ble to find one breaker that is half way from one end to another ...

push it all the way to the outside

The bulb may have had a short and tripped the circuit breaker. You should easily reset it. Flip down and back up.

It's probably just the fuses. Youir parents will be able to fix that easily.