Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesChevrolet · 2 months ago

What do you think about the new C8 Corvette?

I personally think its ugly, too aggressive looking, and it looks like any other sports car out there. They could have done something unique with it. But thats just me. Your opinion?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best Answer

I had to look it up. It looks just like the Acura NSX.

• 2 months ago

I like that GM had the guts to finally build a mid-engined Corvette. The idea of a mid-engined Corvette has been around for decades but GM has always chickened out when it came time to actually build the next generation. And the next generation. Etc.

I love that, at least for the time being, GM has managed to keep the sale prices at least somewhat attainable for fairly "regular" folks on the base model Stingray cars (greedy Chevy dealer-markups on the MSRP nonwithstanding). I'm not entirely sure how GM is making much profit on the cars selling them at a $60-$70K price point considering that mid-engine competitors charge upward of double what GM is charging for this Corvette, but I suspect GM will raise prices as time goes on and they'll also make plenty of profit on the Z06 and ZR1 iterations that are sure to follow the Stingray.

Would I call it the best looking car of all-time? No. But it's definitely striking to look at and a very clear departure from past Corvettes. It's really hard for me to find much else to pick at on the car considering the relatively rock-bottom price for what they're giving us. My 2¢ anyway.

• 2 months ago

It looks to me like they went too far to make it look like a Vette, parts kinda look pasted on. Concept is a little off, Vettes visually had large front engine compartment short tail, mid engine just changes that whole layout, doesn't make body features easy to blend.

I think GM should have just designed a mid-engine car for the Cadillac division, body lines could easily be incorporated into design.

• In
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Although I have never been fond of fiberglass, it is sad to see the Corvette die after all these years. The mid-engine C-8 is basically a beefed up Fiero.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.