I've been considering switching to Gmail for a while now. Is Yahoo better?

Both are good in their own sector.

• 1 year ago

I think that i like is the Facebook integration. Not so much for my contacts updates (I deeply hate facebook inside) but rather for the noblest part of this social network the jabber based Facebook chat. it has become a sort of universal IM protocol today as everyone own an account and it's right into your email client.

1 year ago

well yahoo has been hacked more times than gmail has... which could mean 2 things:

1. Yahoo mail isnt secure.

or

2. Due to the hackings Yahoo mail is more secure now than it was before.

lol

• keerok
    1 year ago

Neither is better or worse. They're both adequate if that is what you're looking for.

• 1 year ago

I use both and have for decades. But Yahoo remains my primary mail carrier because it has better navigation and more functionality than gmail. Even so, I redirect all my gmail to Yahoo; so I don't need to check both sites to read all my mail.

• 1 year ago

gmail is more commonly used in both academic settings and workplace settings. i would recommend having an account handy in the event that it is needed to be contacted.

• 1 year ago

Gmail is way better, especially the phone app. It filters out the crap emails from stuff you sign up on