Is it ok for an 11 year old to walk 5 blocks home from school by herself?

Please any tips?

I walked 12 blocks (close to a mile) to and from school in the 1950s by myself at 7 years old. At 11 you should easily do it by yourself. Some kids are big for their age at 11 and 12 years old. I was looking grown at 12. I walked through two neighborhoods to get to my elementary school. You may be in Middle School by 11 yrs. old. Are you a Christian? At 11, I was a Christian and I trusted God that He would not let me be harmed. I was always at peace knowing God had His angel looking out for me. In today's world, I would hate to do anything without Christ Jesus. The Lord is your Protector and Provider. Without Him, you are on your own against the evil in this world.

No. She will absolutely get lost. Females especially have no sense of direction.

Honestly I wouldn't.. The world is a dangerous place, and there are LOTS of crazy people out there...

One time I was walking home from walmart (only 0.5 miles from my house) and someone tried running me over while I was walking past his driveway! And he even laughed at me after he did it. I was 15 at the time. STILL A KID BASICALLY! So please really think about it.... There are sick, mental, stupid, sometimes extremely perverted people outside.

I lived a mile from my elementary school and walked to and from school four times a day because I came home for lunch. I lived in a safe neighborhood and passed through another safe neighborhood, but I was still approached by men in cars three times (one of those times resulted in his arrest and trial because I provided his license plate number). My suggestions: 1) Have her walk with a friend, preferably one who lives nearby; 2) Have her carry a push-button alarm of some kind so she can signal quickly for help; 3) Consider providing her with a cell phone; and 4) make sure there is someone there at home when she arrives or have her go to a neighbor's house until you are home. (You'll pay the neighbor for her time, of course.) Give her these instructions: 1) Do NOT approach a stranger's car, male or female; 2) If they are asking for directions, she can provide them from the safety of the curb or direct them to the nearest gas station; 3) She should not approach the car to look at a map or look at a box of kittens or whatever they are offering; 4) Tell her that you will NEVER send anyone to pick her up that she does not recognize and know by name; and if they try to entice her into the car, she should say no and get their license number. She should also run (toward home) and scream for help if they get out of the car. Five blocks isn't really far, so she should be fine. But nevertheless she needs to be aware that there are bad people out there, so she needs to learn how to protect herself.

sure why not? if you think you guys are living in a good neighboring community.

If it was my kid i wouldn't let her do that but thats on u, just know the real is dangerous.

I wouldn’t let my 11 year old do it, she should at least walk with friends. Some 11 year olds seem older than others too so you could take that into consideration but personally I don’t think it is worth the risk as they are very vulnerable and it’s unlikely they could escape from an adult male and I could never live with myself if something happened. Lucky my child’s school is 23kms away so he won’t be walking ever haha

Depends on the 'hood doesn't it? Also the time of day.

If the walk is along a busy street where there is no crime and such, it's probably OK. But if it's along an empty street and crime is high...no way.

But we have to ask; if it's only five blocks, why not just go meet her and walk her home? It would be a good time to talk and bond a bit. And you'd feel more comfortable about it.

no, the child should have 50,000 personal body guards clearing a path home, an aircraft carrier on standby, 420 tanks to provide an armoured barrier, 8974 snipers on roofs and a teddy bear

• ?

It depends on the neighborhood i guess