Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 10 months ago

How does one become an official cryptozoologist?

I know a lot about cryptozoology as well as a fair bit of history. But I imagine there is no course in post secondary education that deals with this subject matter.

I like the idea of discovering new things and I'm intrigued by the unknown.

So how do I start.

• JimZ
    Favorite Answer

I think the best way is to write a book but if you don't have something in your background, people might not read it. I read a book lately about the Boggy Creek Monster and the book was by a bigfoot fan but with a journalist degree. Ivan Sanderson had a doctorate in zoology as did B. Huevelmans. Grover Krantz and Dr. Meldrum have doctorates in Anthropology (physical). You got your work cut out for you. If you can get a film of a bigfoot, that would go a long way but not many people had much luck with that.

Send an email to Karl Shuker.He''ll probably guide you in the right direction.

If you want to discover new species then become a biologist and/or a naturalist who specializes in phyla that have undiscovered species.

Cryptids are animals that specifically don't exist. There are lots and lots of animals that are undiscovered that definitely exist and not enough people studying them..