What is this fly doing?

For the past hour or so there is this one housefly who has refused to land on any surface other than the exposed skin on my legs no matter how many times I shoo it away. When I finally do leave it alone, it just sits in one spot on my skin and... crouches. It lowers its body closer to my skin as opposed to staying... show more For the past hour or so there is this one housefly who has refused to land on any surface other than the exposed skin on my legs no matter how many times I shoo it away. When I finally do leave it alone, it just sits in one spot on my skin and... crouches. It lowers its body closer to my skin as opposed to staying standing and skittering around like any normal housefly I've seen. I've never seen a fly do that. What is it doing? Is it resting?
Update: Update: There are now two of them doing this?? Lmao
Update 2: Update 2: I'm not worried about health or safety or anything. I just have never seen flies do this and I'm simply curious as to what it means. I'm the kind of person to notice small behaviours like that.