Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 10 months ago

Will a full check up reveal that I smoke?

I m a girl who ll turn 17 by December and about to start smoking cigarettes due to several reasons.My strict family insists on having a medical check up every month and just like that,they ve thrown a big wrench in my plans.I m afraid of the fact that test results of either blood or urine examination somehow reveal that I smoke and I ll be doomed!Any advices for me?

Favorite Answer

Smoking is disgusting.

They won't be able to tell if you smoke, unless they take a blood test which tests for nicotine, and why would they do that? They don't

Just make sure you've showered, brushed your teeth and your clothes don't smell like cigarettes

• Edna

Unless you're hacking your lungs out when you have your exam, a check up or blood work or a routine urine sample can't tell if you smoke.

"about to start smoking cigarettes due to several reasons"

That's idiotic.

• Tavy

On a normal blood test no. They would have to look for it.

You should refuse these tests, they are abuse. Your Doctor should not be agreeing to it.

• PAMELA

Yes, do not start smoking, only morons smoke these days,they cause cancer, heart disease, rotten gums, so your teeth fall out, your skin ages at twice the rate of non smokers,youstink of stale tobacco too! and you waste a large amount of money killing yourself.

STOP SMOKING NOW>>>>

The doctor might be able to tell, so you should probably stop smoking

• Stoo

1) Don't smoke, best to get rid of that habit as soon as possible. 2) If your family is forcing checkups every *month*, that's damn near child abuse. Look to leave at the earliest opportunity. 3) Any reputable doctor will tell your family monthly checkups with no evidence of anything to check is a waste of their time and your money. When leaving home, get a new doctor.

Anyone with a sense of smell can tell that you smoke. However, your doctor has sworn to adhere to a patient-doctor confidentiality oath, and will not reveal the results of your examination without your consent.

Any doctor worth his or her salt will be able to tell immediately that you smoke. It will show up in every tissue in your body.