promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Should separation of church and state be abolished?

51 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Absolutely not, Saudi Arabia is the worst example of what happens when the church and state are fused together.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Now I don't know what a "church" or "state" is, but I do think that pesky law what says I can't go out in public without my clothes on should be GONE >:(

• 9 months ago

Yes, I suppose. Then we could update the tax code. Churches must buy a business license. Must pay property taxes. Must file and pay state and federal business income taxes.

How long would it take to get a national majority of state votes to change the constitution? Have religious PACs succeeded outside of Missouri and North Carolina pushing these agenda? ......no

• ...Show all comments
    • Takes 2/3rds majority to ratify a constitutional amendment. But with electoral college a prez candidate can win election with less than 50% of popular vote.

I true hope it never happens.

• 9 months ago

Intelligent persons understand religion to be nothing but fictional babble used to controlled persons ignorant enough to believe in it. The last thing the US needs and should never have is government by a religion.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

No way. Europe had an endless bloodletting over religious wars and our early leaders were right to separate the two. In the modern US, it would be even more difficult as there are a plethora of religions in the US, plus a higher percentage of those unaffiliated with any particular religion. All the more reason to keep them separate,

• 9 months ago

There is no way to separate church and state. You cannot remove a person's beliefs from them just so they can walk in a state institution. It can't be done. This is an attempted coup to increase atheism and evil in government by atheists. Atheists do not want to hear about the beliefs in God that a person has. Because of Catholicism in Europe the founding fathers did not want a Pope running the country any more and atheists used this history and tried to establish Darwinism to rid the nation of Our God who blessed this nation. The Devil works behind every attempt to abolish the church of God. The devil even creeps into the churches to do his evil. Why not creep into government also? You cannot call evil good as some in government would like.

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

@Jean, you have totally misunderstood the concept of separating religion from the State.

• 9 months ago

Yes, because it is not Constitutional. Each state was originally free to choose its own religion if it wanted to, but couldn't prohibit the free exercise of religion.

• 9 months ago

That depends on whether you want the government to interfere in you religious life.

• fredda9 months agoReport

Government was seen as gods emissary

• 9 months ago

No, it should be increased. Thanks for asking though.

• ...Show all comments
    • Max9 months agoReport

Churches don't even pay tax, how can you justify this idea? Of course not in any religious sense as that is not a valid reason for justification.

• Duck
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

No. A state religion was something that the original settlers were coming to the new world to escape. It is one of the founding principles that the United States was based upon.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.